Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: The Appeal Thread
Utopia-Politics > U-P Website > Website Feedback
Benevolent
In light of DS and Lib going to do more strict enforcement, I decided to create a handy, one-stop thread for people to appeal those decisions. So that way, my e-mail and PM box won't break.

Consider anything not acted on within 48 hours to be upheld.
Harry Kewell
I'd like to appeal the warning granted me by MHallex.

The thread in question was suited where it was posted.
Benevolent
I'm inclined to remove it for the moment. Why?

Shennie has been getting away with trolling Muz for a rather extended period of time. Now, I understand that certain things have happened which drive home to him that at least I am tired from catching the fall-out from their mutual trolling, and Muz would have been trolling him.

This being down with the priviso that the two of them keep their trolling each other under control and amusing.
Dragonspirit
biggrin.gif I demand we break Adam's mailbox instead!
Dakyron
Id like to appeal the warning from mhallex as well, the one he gave to me out of spite.

The exact warning I was give was as follows:

mhallex Warned on Jul 25 2005, 12:40 PM
Added to warn level Don't fuck with me.

Im not sure if that is a legitmate warning...
JLord
If you're going to mod, at least be respectful to people....
mhallex
QUOTE(Dakyron @ Jul 27 2005, 02:57 PM)
Id like to appeal the warning from mhallex as well, the one he gave to me out of spite.

The exact warning I was give was as follows:
Im not sure if that is a legitmate warning...

That was the 12 hour ban, the increased in warn level from which I already removed.

Dakyron
QUOTE(mhallex @ Jul 27 2005, 01:07 PM)
That was the 12 hour ban, the increased in warn level from which I already removed.

true, but nevertheless, it shows the mentality of the poster at the time. The days warn logs would go as follows...

mhallex Warned on Yesterday, 09:20 AM
Removed from warn level Reducing level from 12 hour ban.

mhallex Warned on Jul 25 2005, 12:40 PM
Added to warn level Don't fuck with me.

mhallex Warned on Jul 25 2005, 12:18 PM
Added to warn level When your post is deleted that doesnt mean you should spam the mod thread.

I am protesting all of them. All I suggested, which others felt was perfectly normal, was to not spam the mod thread after warning other for doing the same.
Wolfenstein
Appeal to increase warn level, cause I am lazy...
Wolfenstein
Plus, lack of amusing pictures...
Esh
If you find me an amusing picture, I'll do it.
miltonfriedman
normally i wouldnt care but the latest warning by mhallex is hardly justifiable.
miltonfriedman
in an effort to not overburden Adam's mailbox, i will put the following matter here, since I am no longer allowed to bring this matter to other mods' attention.

Recently, DS said one-liner crap such as "stop trolling" is a warnable offense. As mentioned earlier, LB posted ignored message in the Politics section, which is essentially a spam aimed to incite flames. The request was denied by LB and I asked if his own decision should be taken as the final ruling. The result was a spam in website feedback:
http://www.utopia-politics.com/forums/inde...ndpost&p;=332214

It's apparent that LB trolled inapporpirately and tried to instigate flames by posting materials that are now considered warnable. No doubt this matter should have been resolved in the WF, but LB claimed otherwise and I was warned instead.

Thus, LB should be warned for trolling.
JLord
I agree MF. I don't think posting ignore messages should be allowed in politics. Especially by mods. I thought that was a bit strange when I saw it.
Molimo
QUOTE(Dragonspirit @ Jun 19 2004, 02:26 PM)
As for the ignore feature, good addition. And yeah, mods at least shouldn't have the option.

Indeed.
Harry Kewell
Bitememan baiting in politics and then crying foul when his remarks get the justified response.

Spiteful moderation? Bah, never.

As with Milton's assertion, Bitememan should receive a warning for trolling.
marleyfrost
QUOTE(Harry Kewell @ Jul 28 2005, 11:24 PM)

Lord Bitememan
I agree MF. I don't think posting ignore messages should be allowed in politics. Especially by mods. I thought that was a bit strange when I saw it.

Fine, very well. As per popular request, I will, in fact, give myself a warning for it.

And for your perusal:

Lord Bitememan Warned on Today, 12:43 AM
Added to warn level For posting an ignore message in politics.
miltonfriedman
i would like to hear from Adam just to make sure that trollings in WF and Politics are no longer allowed for the mods. This self-censorship does not tell us if this board is serious about cracking down LB's horrendous modship in recent times. Also, it would tell us if we could post ignore message in Politics.

So, does LB deserve a warning in the first place, Adam?
JLord
Good work LB! That is a good decision to warn yourself out of fairness. Very commendable. This lends credibility to the rule that you can't post something devoid of content in politics.
Harry Kewell
He still owes himself another.
miltonfriedman
wow, this is a lame subforum. what's the point to post anything here when OS won't address any concerns? People using non-registered names get a quicker response than those who post here.
Dakyron
Agreed. This seems to have no point.
Benevolent
QUOTE(miltonfriedman @ Aug 2 2005, 10:23 PM)
wow, this is a lame subforum. what's the point to post anything here when OS won't address any concerns? People using non-registered names get a quicker response than those who post here.

Unfortunately, things just became a bit busy in my life. I now have two weeks in which to finish preparations for, and carry out, moving.
Neophyre
So moderators can hand out wahtever crap they want without any form of curb?

Oh great.
Gengari
Yes. This is a private board, so unless the admin objects, well, moderators get free reign.
miltonfriedman
two weeks have passed. i hope os has the time to review my complaint now.
Benevolent
QUOTE(miltonfriedman @ Aug 26 2005, 01:07 PM)
two weeks have passed. i hope os has the time to review my complaint now.

Yes, he does. Equal enforcement and all that.

Bad Lord Biteman! Go in the corner. A dominatrix will be along to deal with you shortly.
miltonfriedman
i assume two warnings are in order for his trollings in WF and UPSE?
Benevolent
Has there been a complaint made somewhere? I haven't had a chance to do much reading.
Gengari
No complaint, just wondering about my warn percentage. I recall a change on when warns would be rescinded, but I can't find the thread....

Edit: Nevermind, found it in the announcements forum.... thought DS/Big Al made it, but it turns out Adam/Malevolent did...
miltonfriedman
QUOTE(Malevolent @ Aug 27 2005, 10:02 AM)
Has there been a complaint made somewhere? I haven't had a chance to do much reading.

yes, post 13 in this thread.
miltonfriedman
does os still access this thread?
Benevolent
When I remember to. And have time.

Incidentally, why didn't you tell me you were in the Zoo-Psych building?
miltonfriedman
QUOTE(Malevolent @ Sep 9 2005, 12:26 PM)
When I remember to. And have time.

Incidentally, why didn't you tell me you were in the Zoo-Psych building?

yep. ground and third floor. Got my little lab running there. We ran out of office space in UMD's research center.
Gengari
Oh yesh, my last warn ran out. please lower the level...
The Poster Formerly Known as Y2A
I have a warn from Sep 23, 2005 and another from Oct 29, 2005. When do these things expire?
Sephiroth
QUOTE(The Poster Formerly Known as Y2A @ Jan 29 2006, 11:46 PM)
I have a warn from Sep 23, 2005 and another from Oct 29, 2005. When do these things expire?

QUOTE(the great big rule book on the site)
2.3. A ban warning will expire after two months, provided that you have not received another ban warning within that timeframe. Each warning takes two months of its own to clear (e.g., if you have two warnings and you go two months without incident, you will go down to one warning and have to wait two more months without incident for that one to clear.

Also, I need to get that warning downgraded myself.
Benevolent
The Great Big Book o Rules was done away with. Warnings are now scaled to the level you have... in the case of levels below 60%, they take one month.
Bayesian methodology
Reduce me, baby.
Shenlong
unf unf unf take my electron, bitch mad.gif
libvertaruan
Done
Bayesian methodology
QUOTE(Shenlong @ Feb 6 2006, 04:45 PM)
unf unf unf take my electron, bitch  mad.gif

That would be oxidation.

QUOTE(libvertaruan @ Feb 6 2006, 04:47 PM)

Thanks.
Shenlong
depends on your point of view
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.