Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

" width="8" height="8"/> Biggest Pwnage in U-P History?
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is this the biggest pwnage in U-P history?
Yes [ 11 ]  [78.57%]
No [ 3 ]  [21.43%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
The Poster Formerly Known as Y2A
post Feb 3 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #1

WARNING: Debating with this user could result in pwnage

Group: Members
Member No.: 388

I think the argument between Dak and Milton over money supply may have been the biggest pwnage in U-P history. I may be wrong, but I can't remember much other ones and either way it is one of the biggest.

See the following page to see the argument I am referring to

This post has been edited by The Poster Formerly Known as Y2A: Feb 3 2006, 10:00 PM
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
JLord
post Feb 3 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Listen.

Member No.: 816

It is pretty bad. Although what happened here is that Dakyron was simply wrong and was stating incorrect information as if it were factual. So really, Dak has owned himself by making up false things. Then due to the fact that he wins every debate, he has kept arguing despite being proven wrong.

I challenge one person to read that thread and look at the links provided and not come to the conclusion that Dak is wrong. I don't think anyone can honestly do this. Yes even with the weight of everyone on the forum against him, I predict he will still declare himself to be winner of the debate at some point. That just goes to show you what it is like debating with Dakyron...

Also, to anyone who votes no, please link or make reference to what you think *was* the biggest ownage in U-P history.

This post has been edited by JLord: Feb 3 2006, 10:17 PM
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
JLord
post Feb 3 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Listen.

There are definitely some "argentina is in Africa" moments in that thread. They are certain worthy of a place in DS's current sig.

The US money supply does not change

Supply and demand does not effect the value of currencies

Speculators do not effect the exchange rate

And more...

You can take your pick.

(I wonder who submitted the single no vote...)
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Citadel
post Feb 3 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Cit Drumheller

Member No.: 43

Not meaning to jump on the bandwagon against Dak or anything....but god damn. Dak, this is where you just lick your wounds be the bigger man and walk away.
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post
Dakyron
post Feb 3 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #5

The Promised One

Member No.: 739

I spent many days on UP having 99% of the board argue against me on obvious issues. If you can see past your bias you will see that milton and co could not put forth legitimate argument instead attacking the fine points of my argument while ignoring the big picture.
Quote Post
post Feb 3 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #6

Milton provided sources from the Federal Reserve and you provided crap.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Citadel
post Feb 3 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #7

Cit Drumheller

So who here wants to volunteer to analyze the entire argument?

This post has been edited by Citadel: Feb 3 2006, 11:03 PM
Quote Post
Citadel
post Feb 3 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #8

Cit Drumheller

QUOTE(The Poster Formerly Known as Y2A @ Feb 3 2006, 05:02 PM)

Game. Set. Match.
Quote Post
Dakyron
post Feb 3 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #9

The Promised One

QUOTE(The Poster Formerly Known as Y2A @ Feb 3 2006, 04:02 PM)

Wow, so now the quality of sources of irrelevant information constitute the quality of an argument? I could prove 100 scientific journal entries but it doesnt matter if none of them support my argument.

Speaking of which, have you EVER put forth ANY argument? Normally you just spout off about how stupid everyone else is and leave the thread whenever someone counters one of your assertions.

This would be the biggest pwnage in U-P history:

http://www.utopia-politics.com/forums/inde...showtopic=29767
Quote Post
miltonfriedman
post Feb 3 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #10

teetering on a breakthrough

Group: JFTD
Member No.: 164

Daky: Dollars are not like Corn in that Dollars have a steady supply

FEDERAL RESERVE: Dollar is like a commodity and monetary supply is not stable throughout the decade.

Daky: it's totally irrelevant.
Quote Post
Citadel
post Feb 3 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #11

Cit Drumheller

Speaking of which, have you EVER put forth ANY argument? Normally you just spout off about how stupid everyone else is and leave the thread whenever someone counters one of your assertions.

In psychology this is called projective association. Because the only person I who ever see does this goes by the name Brenton.

This post has been edited by Citadel: Feb 3 2006, 11:27 PM
Quote Post
post Feb 3 2006, 11:41 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Dakyron @ Feb 3 2006, 06:06 PM)
Wow, so now the quality of sources of irrelevant information constitute the quality of an argument?

Yes, it is important to cite good sources (especially the Fed on a debate about Money Supply) when in a debate or argument. And yes, the sources milton provided did support his positions. But who on earth, even Alan Greenspan, could argue against the ingenious Dak with his credentials, a PhD. in Economics from College University.

Normally you just spout off about how stupid everyone else is and leave the thread whenever someone counters one of your assertions

No, I "spout" about how ignorant certain people are, such as yourself, in taking such strong positions on irrelevant issues. Furthermore, in order to counter points made by other posters, there have to be actual points made instead of rhetoric. That is what you seem not to understand, there is a difference between making points and spouting rhetoric and you do the latter.

This post has been edited by The Poster Formerly Known as Y2A: Feb 3 2006, 11:46 PM
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Stimulant
post Feb 3 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #13

QUALITY ENTERTAINMENT

Member No.: 210

almost as funny as y2a joining the sheeple in misunderstanding the role of prices.
Quote Post
JLord
post Feb 4 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #14

Listen.

QUOTE(miltonfriedman @ Feb 3 2006, 04:21 PM)

FEDERAL RESERVE: Dollar is like a commodity and monetary supply is not stable throughout the decade.

It's true.

Here's another:

Daky: Speculators have minimal impact on the global currency markets

TWN.org: Speculators account for 97% of trading on the global currency market

Daky: Speculators have minimal impact on the global currency markets. You retard.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Dakyron
post Feb 4 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #15

The Promised One

I explained why, you ignored me again though...

Mutlinational corporation holding mutliple currencies often trade to maximize their cash, I didnt take them into account when I referred to currency speculators(I was only thinking of individuals). On that point you are correct, sort of...
Quote Post
gnuneo
post Feb 4 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #16

Nenemo Ari

Member No.: 42

Yes, it is important to cite good sources (especially the Fed on a debate about Money Supply) when in a debate or argument. And yes, the sources milton provided did support his positions. But who on earth, even Alan Greenspan, could argue against the ingenious Dak with his credentials, a PhD. in Economics from College University.

classicly incorrect - and certain proof of a tendency to appeal to authority/tradition. Actually dakyron was defeated point by point on logical basis, the result of which he was forced to show that his argument came from a time when money *wasn't* a commodity - as milt pointed out, during the Gold Standard, a long time ago - whether he was aware of this and *was* playing the board for a fool (the classical meaning), or whether he was actually thinking it all made sense and he was going to win, is now purely conjecture... sorry about that dak. :lol: :P

dakyron was defeated using logical arguments that did not require a beleif in the mystical knowledge of elders, but on a coherent model that explains events. And that is all Scientists (in the true sense) require.
Quote Post
post Feb 4 2006, 03:02 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(gnuneo @ Feb 3 2006, 08:29 PM)
classicly incorrect - and certain proof of a tendency to appeal to authority/tradition.

When you were in college did you hand in papers without any citations what so ever? Do you read the papers to get your news? If so, then you are appealing to authority/tradition fascist.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
MindsWideOpen
post Feb 4 2006, 04:20 AM
Post #18

taxacurum revolutionare

Group: Forum Donor
Member No.: 120

QUOTE(The Poster Formerly Known as Y2A @ Feb 4 2006, 04:02 AM)
When you were in college did you hand in papers without any citations what so ever? [...] If so, then you are appealing to authority/tradition fascist.

No, you are informing the reader about what your sources are, making it easier for the reader to analyse your text while giving credit where credit is due. It is not right because Huizinga said this or because Huizinga said this a long time ago and now is a Dead White Man, but Huizinga said this and I am using it.

This post has been edited by MindsWideOpen: Feb 4 2006, 04:20 AM
Quote Post
Ryan_Liam
post Feb 4 2006, 05:43 AM
Post #19

I need a freakin life

Member No.: 768

You all should be thanking me for bringing such malcontents together for foxyboxing.

Quote Post
gnuneo
post Feb 4 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #20

Nenemo Ari

Member No.: 42

No, you are informing the reader about what your sources are, making it easier for the reader to analyse your text while giving credit where credit is due. It is not right because Huizinga said this or because Huizinga said this a long time ago and now is a Dead White Man, but Huizinga said this and I am using it.
Quote Post
Mr Beer
post Feb 4 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #21

A man of wit, refinement and beer.

Member No.: 101

Thank you for posting that, what an excellent read. I laughed all the way through and at one of the many, many times milton humiliated Dakyron, actually applauded.

Dakyron, perhaps you would like to get onto UP and talk to Seb about particle physics? I suggest you take the position that "atoms are like balls on a pool table and their behaviour can always be properly explained in terms of that analogy." Perhaps that way we can view another such zenith of hilarious ownage.

Alternatively, might I entice you into discussing the Australian superannuation system? I realise it's a much more obscure topic than you are used to pontificating on, but it has the merit of being one that I understand and you don't, thus I think it would suit you nicely.
Quote Post
Harry Kewell
post Feb 4 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #22

The view above the rest of you.

Member No.: 662

Australian Superannuation is yet another gift from the Hawke-Keating Era that Howard et. al. will claim credit for, just like the current relative conomic strength.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Dakyron
post Feb 5 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #23

The Promised One

QUOTE(Mr Beer @ Feb 4 2006, 01:56 PM)
Thank you for posting that, what an excellent read. I laughed all the way through and at one of the many, many times milton humiliated Dakyron, actually applauded.

Dakyron, perhaps you would like to get onto UP and talk to Seb about particle physics? I suggest you take the position that "atoms are like balls on a pool table and their behaviour can always be properly explained in terms of that analogy." Perhaps that way we can view another such zenith of hilarious ownage.

Alternatively, might I entice you into discussing the Australian superannuation system? I realise it's a much more obscure topic than you are used to pontificating on, but it has the merit of being one that I understand and you don't, thus I think it would suit you nicely.

Interesting... because ya know... I seem to be unable to remember any sort of ownage delivered by you at any time...
Quote Post
Mr Beer
post Feb 5 2006, 02:55 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(Dakyron @ Feb 5 2006, 01:33 AM)
Interesting... because ya know... I seem to be unable to remember any sort of ownage delivered by you at any time...

Sorry that my observations riled you up, Mr. Potato Head. It may be true that I haven't slapped *you* back into place recently, though I'm perfectly capable of delivering humiliation when required and do so on the rare occasions when I can be bothered.

More pertinently however, *I* have never been so comprehensively dealt with as milton dealt with you - not so much a slaughter as a ride to the abbatoir, execution, evisceration, mincing, making into sausages and being sold for 2 dollars per pound. Perhaps that's because I have the sense not to make rash statements on subjects I know nothing about and then try and argue about it, eh Spud?
Quote Post
Nalvaros
post Feb 5 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #25

High Arbiter

Member No.: 147

ROFLMAO
Quote Post
Citadel
post Feb 5 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #26

Cit Drumheller

More pertinently however, *I* have never been so comprehensively dealt with as milton dealt with you - not so much a slaughter as a ride to the abbatoir, execution, evisceration, mincing, making into sausages and being sold for 2 dollars per pound. Perhaps that's because I have the sense not to make rash statements on subjects I know nothing about and then try and argue about it, eh Spud?

Ok, thats just too funny so much that I had tears rolling out.
Quote Post
Oddfish
post Feb 5 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #27

No longer gives a shit

Member No.: 687

QUOTE(Dakyron @ Feb 4 2006, 08:59 AM)
If you can see past your bias you will see that milton and co could not put forth legitimate argument instead attacking the fine points of my argument while ignoring the big picture.

I haven't read the argument under discussion, but I will say that milton has in the past been witnessed repeating small, somewhat insignificant points, ignoring an opponents new points and even arguing with his own previous points. Comical, to say the least.

Oh, and the way I see it, dollars are quite literally in constant supply in that they are not consumed, just circulated, as opposed to corn.
But that's not really the context of the discussion of monetary supply so...nevermind.

This post has been edited by Oddfish: Feb 5 2006, 04:17 PM
Quote Post
JLord
post Feb 5 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #28

Listen.

QUOTE(Oddfish @ Feb 5 2006, 09:10 AM)
I haven't read the argument under discussion, but I will say that milton has in the past been witnessed repeating small, somewhat insignificant points, ignoring an opponents new points and even arguing with his own previous points. Comical, to say the least.

I agree. To me the worst thing that milton does is the fact that he will often take a small and insignificant point, deliberately miscontrue what is being said, and then repeat the other person's "error" is every subsequent post. Although in this case Dak continued to make numerous blatent errors. So you can't really accuse him of that practice here. Except in one case, where I called him on it. But for the most part, I think anyone could have delivered this ownage to Dak even if they had no knowledge of economics or finance whatsoever.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Ryan_Liam
post Feb 5 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #29

I need a freakin life

Member No.: 768

I agree. To me the worst thing that milton does is the fact that he will often take a small and insignificant point, deliberately miscontrue what is being said, and then repeat the other person's "error" is every subsequent post
Quote Post
Mr Beer
post Feb 5 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(Oddfish @ Feb 5 2006, 04:10 PM)

Agreed, however on this occasion milton trounced Daky with facts. Really, read the thread, it is highly amusing.
Quote Post

3 Pages  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 5th March 2006 - 09:34 AM