Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic

" width="8" height="8"/> interesting..., banned for objecting to a moderator
Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+
guest_Dakyron_*
post Jul 25 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Once again mhallex has outdone himself in his petty vendetta against me.

I made a simple comment in the mod thread in AFB asking why a moderator would warn somone for flaming in the mod thread and then flame in the mod thread. My post was deleted w/o explanation.

I posted again, the same thing, and was warned. I then posted further request for an explanation on this matter, and was given a ban.

I request further explanation for this along with an apology and for the ban to be rescinded.

Quote Post
mhallex
post Jul 25 2005, 07:57 PM
Post #2

Is better at economics than 78% of economists

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Nope.

You didnt ask for an explanantion you just bitched and contiuned to spam despite the fact that previous identical posts had been removed.

Therefore, as I am a nice guy and didnt want to have to warn you, you've earned yourself a 12 hour ban to cool off.
User is offlinePMEmail Poster
Quote Post
Lord Bitememan
post Jul 25 2005, 08:30 PM
Post #3

Lurker-in-Chief

From: Detroit, 3rd world corruption with a 1st world economy
Member No.: 281

Actually, shortened-length bans were something recommended to us in the mod staff to prevent people from racking up too many warnings in the heat of the moment since we will no longer be resetting them.
Quote Post
post Jul 25 2005, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

QUOTE(mhallex @ Jul 25 2005, 07:57 PM)
Nope.

You didnt ask for an explanantion you just bitched and contiuned to spam despite the fact that previous identical posts had been removed.

Therefore, as I am a nice guy and didnt want to have to warn you, you've earned yourself a 12 hour ban to cool off.

Nice guy, huh? More like you couldnt stand having to admit something I said might have merit, so you just banned me to get me to stop... I know somewhere else that does that... someplace many posters here left due to incompetent moderation...

the length of the ban is irrelevant as the ban itself was bullshit...

Read my deleted posts, the last one especially.
Quote Post
marleyfrost
post Jul 25 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Ol' Coot

Group: Forum Donor
Member No.: 83

So when mhallex deleted the first post you were maybe thinking that he would see the understated wisdom the second time huh? What were thinking third time?
Quote Post
post Jul 25 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #6

Unregistered

The third time I knew he was being an ass, and thus I more or less dared him to abuse his mod powers and ban even though he was in the wrong and he went ahead and did so, thus showing his pettiness.

Quote Post
Lord Bitememan
post Jul 25 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #7

Lurker-in-Chief

And the lesson we learn from this, children, is that if you disagree with a mod call, take it to Adam because you can be warned for reposting deleted material.
Quote Post
JLord
post Jul 25 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #8

I need a freakin life

Group: Members
Member No.: 816

I agree with Dak on this. I read what was posted and it seemed to me that mhallex was out of line. Dak should not have continued to post the same thing, but there should be some degree of professionalism by mods, especially in the mod thread! It looks bad when you post something in the mods thread and then ban someone for calling you on it. I guess this is the place where mods can post something and just delete any debate, and Dak did persist too much. So there are 2 sides here. At least it wasn't a month long ban...

QUOTE(Lord Bitememan @ Jul 25 2005, 03:17 PM)
And the lesson we learn from this, children, is that if you disagree with a mod call, take it to Adam because you can be warned for reposting deleted material.

Good point!

This post has been edited by JLord: Jul 25 2005, 09:22 PM
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
post Jul 25 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #9

Unregistered

QUOTE(Lord Bitememan @ Jul 25 2005, 09:17 PM)

It wasnt a call. He refused to warn me, refused to edit or delete what he said, he just deleted it hoping no one would see and it would go away. Well, too bad for him. Just like with swirve, whom Im starting to think mhallex moonlights for as a moderator, I expect a response, even if it is no. Just deleting my request w/o explanation isnt going to cut it.
Quote Post
Bayesian methodology
post Jul 25 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #10

Brilliant

Member No.: 859

QUOTE(JLord @ Jul 25 2005, 05:21 PM)
I agree with Dak on this.  I read what was posted and it seemed to me that mhallex was out of line.

Unless there were other deleted posts which do not appear in the Recycle Bin, I agree as well.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
marleyfrost
post Jul 25 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #11

Ol' Coot

Group: Forum Donor
Member No.: 83

QUOTE(JLord @ Jul 25 2005, 04:21 PM)
I agree with Dak on this.  I read what was posted and it seemed to me that mhallex was out of line. 

You read the mod thread and you think Dak is right?
Quote Post
JLord
post Jul 25 2005, 09:56 PM
Post #12

I need a freakin life

Yeah that's right. Although as you may have noticed I do agree that he was in the wrong for reposting and using the mod thread to debate. Mhallex was also in the wrong. I agree with Dak on this point.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Lord Bitememan
post Jul 25 2005, 09:59 PM
Post #13

Lurker-in-Chief

And, Dak, you could have sent a pm with a link to Adam and asked to have your post un-deleted. Reposting it earned you a deserved warning.
Quote Post
post Jul 25 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #14

Unregistered

QUOTE(Lord Bitememan @ Jul 25 2005, 09:59 PM)
And, Dak, you could have sent a pm with a link to Adam and asked to have your post un-deleted.  Reposting it earned you a deserved warning.

BS. It was far from deserved, or am I not allowed to treat moderators as adults and must treat as children and go get their father when they cant play nice?

mhallex was clearly in the wrong, no rules lawyering, remember...
Quote Post
JLord
post Jul 25 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #15

I need a freakin life

He was clearly wrong, but you didn't follow the proper procedures.

Still pretty dumb to ban one and not the other.
User is offlinePM
Quote Post
Lord Bitememan
post Jul 25 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #16

Lurker-in-Chief

Reposting deleted material is a warnable offense. Nothing has changed on that matter. You broke the rule, and you got slapped for it. Next time something gets deleted that you don't like deleted, go to Adam. That's why Adam is there.
Quote Post
post Jul 25 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #17

Unregistered

No. There are no rules, that was specifically stated more than once by Adam. You are rules lawyering.

Quote Post
Lord Bitememan
post Jul 25 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #18

Lurker-in-Chief

Reposting deleted material has always been a rule, it never changed, it's still valid and always has been. It's you who is rules lawyering Dak.
Quote Post
post Jul 25 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #19

Unregistered

QUOTE(Llywelyn @ Aug 11 2004, 07:08 AM)
At Adam's suggestion.

Ignore the Big Book o' Laws.  It's getting too much trouble to amend and the rules lawyers were having far too much fun quoting chapter and verse as if it meant something.

The rules now boil down to:
3nj0y.

hmm... I dont see it there...

Hard to rules lawyer non-existant rules, aint it?
Quote Post
Lord Bitememan
post Jul 25 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #20

Lurker-in-Chief

You forgot to mention the other official rule, don't be an ass. RReposting deleted material to spite a mod qualifies as being an ass, always has been, and always has been treated as such. Again, you lose out on this Dak because you were being an ass and trying to spite mhallex by reposting the deleted material, and so you got slapped. And, rather than take the cooling off period, you came here and cried and complained about something he did as a favor to you. Were it me, I would have let you keep going till you had a week long banning.
Quote Post
Benevolent
post Jul 25 2005, 11:15 PM
Post #21

Slyly Slythering Slytherin

Group: Oversight
Member No.: 109

*sigh*

Well, this is a fun cluster-fuck of a situation.

Dak, on posts one and two I was more inclined to be sympathetic to you. But when you admit to going out of your way to be an ass and push someone to banning you, even short-term, that's a bit OTT. I'll look at the mod thread when I have more time later, and see if I need to slap mhallex around a little. Particularly since i have to find the post you were quoting.

As it is, I'm going to sleep.
Quote Post

Closed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 15th December 2005 - 08:45 PM